Federal law requires you be made aware of your privacy rights regarding personal medical information. By signing you acknowledge that you have been offered a copy of the federal HIPAA privacy policies.
Dr. Lewis Eyecare offers Optomap retinal imaging technology that allows us to view the inside of your eye without the use of dilation drops in most cases.
The Optomap is quick, painless, and makes detecting eye disease easier.Why should I have an Optomap during my eye exam instead of being dilated?
- No eyedrops are needed to see your retina in most cases
- No blurred vision or light sensitivity after having an Optomap
- No radiation like an X-ray and is completely safe for kids and adults
- Shorter amount of time needed for your appointment so you can get on with your busy day
- Retinal health problems sometimes have no symptoms yet can lead to vision loss
- Systemic health problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes can be detected
- Permanent image of your retina for future comparison, making eye health changes easier to detect
- You can see the images of your retina leading to better understanding of your own eye health
Dilated view (circles) show only partial views of the retina similar to shining a flashlight into a dark room
shows full view of retina in one image similar to turning the lights on in a dark room
We recommend that ALL patients have a thorough examination of their retina during every routine eye exam. Dr. Lewis feels that the Optomap is the best way to fully assess your eye health. There is an additional fee of only $25 for the Optomap. In most cases, the Optomap is not covered by insurance.