Welcome to Dr. Scott Lewis, O.D. & Associates
Getting the right prescription for your eyeglasses or contact lenses is an important part of good eye care. But seeing clearly is just one part of your overall eye health. It’s important to have regular eye exams with an optometrist whether or not you wear eyeglasses or contacts, and even if your vision is clear. Thousands of patients in the Vancouver, WA area have trusted Dr. Scott Lewis for all of their eye exam needs.
Dr. Lewis believes in looking at the big picture when it comes to your eye health, so we take the time to get to know you, your eye care history and your vision needs. We know that getting the right prescription involves balancing several factors, including clear eyesight, visual efficiency and your ability to process visual information seamlessly. Whether you need a routine eye examination, a glasses or contact lens prescription, treatment for eye disease (such as glaucoma or macular degeneration) or eye surgery (such as LASIK or cataract surgery), our optometrist will provide you with the best care, advice, options and follow up.
Our office is located inside the East Vancouver, WA Costco (click link to see Google map location.) Dr. Lewis has been serving Washington's Clark County patients for more than 14 years. Schedule an appointment by calling (360) 258-6234 to see how we can help you get the best prescription for your eyes.
There is no tax on eye exams or the sale of glasses or contact lenses!
Did you know?
- One in four school-age children has an undiagnosed vision problem that interferes with learning.
- People age forty and older are at greater risk for glaucoma, cataract, and other potentially sight-stealing diseases.
- Glaucoma is the number one cause of preventable vision loss in people over the age of 40.
- Macular Degeneration is the number one cause of blindness in people over the age of 65 in the United States.
- It is estimated that the number of people who have Macular Degeneration will double in the next 13 years.
- Older drivers with vision impairment are 200% more likely to be involved in an auto accident.
- More than 10 Million Americans suffer serious vision and health problems as a result of computer usage.
- Wearing protective eyewear could have prevented more that 90 percent of all sports-related eye injuries.
Eighty percent of everything a child learns is acquired through his or her visual system. More »
Many factors contribute to the ability to wear contact lenses comfortably. More »
Cataracts are the number one cause of vision deterioration in patients over 55. More »
Protecting your eyes from UV light is one of the most important things you can do to protect your vision. More »
In order to have proper eyesight, the eyes must operate in unison with each other and with the brain. When this system breaks down, the result can be amblyopia or lazy eye. More »